By submitting this application you agree the information submitted will be entered into the CommuteSmart database. Matches are made via computer and based on proximity of home and worksite addresses as well as schedule. If you have agreed to be matched with potential rideshare partners, they will receive a letter with your contact information, excluding your street number. Your information will not be provided to a marketing company, but may be shared with a vanpool leasing company for the purposes of vanpool formation. Participation in a carpool/vanpool and use of the Emergency Ride Home (ERH) program is an individual decision. Rideshare participants are completely responsible for the operation of their carpools or participation in vanpools. The Regional Planning Commission of Greater Birmingham and its employer service partners shall have no responsibility or liability for any claims, expenses, or damages resulting for any individual's participation in a carpool, vanpool, or ERH program. The Regional Planning Commission of Greater Birmingham reserve the right to verify profile information at any time to validate participant’s qualification.
By submitting this Registration Form, I agree that the information provided may be entered into the CommuteSmart regional rideshare database. I understand that the information I provide will only be used for the purpose of generating lists of interested rideshare partners and that those individuals who receive my contact information WILL NOT be provided my home address. Further, I agree to:
- Abide by the rules of the CommuteSmart Commuter Services Program as specified in the Program Guidelines.
- Acknowledge that participation in CommuteSmart Commuter Services Program is an individual decision and is solely voluntary.
- Acknowledge that I am responsible for my operation of, or participation in a rideshare arrangement.
- Acknowledge that as a participant in the CommuteSmart Commuter Services program that I, as a driver, am responsible for automobile liability insurance in accordance with the State of Alabama Mandatory Automobile Insurance Law.
- Acknowledge that inappropriate use of this service or failure to abide by the Program Guidelines will result in forfeiture of any claim for financial incentive.
- Indemnify and hold harmless the officers, agents and employees of CommuteSmart Commuter Services Program, the Regional Planning Commission of Greater Birmingham, the vanpool service provider, and/or the Emergency Ride Home service provider from and against any and all claims asserted or liability for damages or injuries to any person or property arising or resulting directly or indirectly from participation in the CommuteSmart Commuter Services Program.
- Acknowledge that CommuteSmart Commuter Services Program, the Regional Planning Commission of Greater Birmingham, the vanpool service provider, and the Emergency Ride Home service provider will not be responsible for providing financial incentives to employees who have misused the Program.