Average Birmingham commuter wastes 32 hours per year in traffic and 21 gallons of fuel*.
Do you ever sit in traffic and think, “there has to be a better way to get to work?” Well, you’re in the right place. CommuteSmart is here to help everyone enjoy an easier commute and reduce air pollution in Jefferson and Shelby counties.
For commuters, CommuteSmart offers free online ridematching, carpool and vanpool services, the Emergency Ride Home program and more. We can help you find a commute alternative from home to work and back
For employers, CommuteSmart works hand in hand with companies and organizations to develop tailored commuter programs that benefit both the company and their employees. Here is a list of alternative commute options that may qualify you to receive a quarterly incentive.
In the news
CommuteSmart gets a new look for the new year
The commuting program of greater Birmingham is getting a face lift. The Regional Planning Commission of Greater Birmingham (RPCGB) says all CommuteSmart vans are getting a new look to begin the 2014 year. "It has been eight years since...
- Online research underway for a Bikeshare program in Birmingham
- UAB Ranks Number One Out of Hundreds in Reducing Vehicle Miles
- Jefferson County attracts more than 94,000 commuters from other counties...
- Save money with CommuteSmart...
- Traffic Skills 101, A Bike Safety Class hosted by CommuteSmart and The Leauge of American Bicyclists