Average Birmingham commuter wastes 32 hours per year in traffic and 21 gallons of fuel*.
Do you ever sit in traffic and think, “there has to be a better way to get to work?” Well, you’re in the right place. CommuteSmart is here to help everyone enjoy an easier commute and reduce air pollution in Jefferson and Shelby counties.
For commuters, CommuteSmart offers free online ridematching, carpool and vanpool services, the Emergency Ride Home program and more. We can help you find a commute alternative from home to work and back
For employers, CommuteSmart works hand in hand with companies and organizations to develop tailored commuter programs that benefit both the company and their employees. Here is a list of alternative commute options that may qualify you to receive a quarterly incentive.
In the news
Jefferson County attracts more than 94,000 commuters from other counties...
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- Jefferson County attracts more than 94,000 commuters from counties across Alabama, U.S. Census Bureau figures show. The estimate comes from the bureau's American Community Survey, which asked respondents to report where they live and where they...
- Save money with CommuteSmart...
- Traffic Skills 101, A Bike Safety Class hosted by CommuteSmart and The Leauge of American Bicyclists
- ValloCycle Partners to Provide Public Transportation Workshop
- Birmingham ranks 2nd in nation as solo commuter city
- vRide Challenges Companies And Commuters To Take One Million Cars Off The Road